Would you love ONE OF A KIND art for your home, featuring YOUR awesome family?
Do you want to have FUN while taking family photos?
Capturing your family, your connections, and telling your joy-filled story with a modern, colorful, and unique touch is my goal for every session. Regardless of your child’s age, if you are pregnant with your first (or fifth!) child, or if you have a fur-baby, I will capture memories of everyday adventures & extraordinary activities. This could be at your favorite park, during kids' bath time, relaxing with your love at a local coffee shop, grabbing ice cream, or hanging out at home.
I can’t wait to help you tell YOUR unique story.
What do you need to know?
- Sessions typically occur in the early morning or late afternoon for optimal light.
- I offer an all-inclusive photography service, because I never want you to have to choose your favorite images to keep!
- Within four weeks of your session, your images will be posted in a password protected online gallery for you to download.
- I am happy to work with you to create beautiful custom artwork from your session. An amazing wall gallery, album, or print display to enjoy for years to come are just a few options.
- Sessions are for immediate family members only.
- Expanded family sessions, >5 people, are available (contact me for more details).
What Type of sessions do you offer? How long do sessions last? Where do sessions occur?
- Couple/Family/Maternity Sessions: 45-60 minutes, in your home or at an agreed upon location.
- In-home Newborn Sessions: 1.5-2 hours, in your home.
- Fresh 48 Newborn Sessions: 30-45 minutes, in the birth space where you are recovering.
- Custom Mini Maternity Sessions*: 20-30 minutes, in your home or on location.
- *(available when also booking a newborn session - contact me for more details)
- Story-Telling Adventure Sessions: 2-4 hours, on location. Please contact me for additional information.
- Vacation Travel Sessions: Individualized session. Please reach out to discuss the details and receive a custom quote.
Session prices start at NT$19,500 / USD$650
- The total price includes:
- pre-session communication and planning
- the photography session
- a minimum of 20 (this varies by session type) custom edited print quality jpg files in a combination of color and black & white
- print release and the ability to archive your photos
- A deposit of NT$3000 / USD$100 is due at the time of booking, with the remaining balance due on or before the date of the session.
- A travel fee will be assessed for locations >30 miles from Taichung, Taiwan.
- Your session fee will be determined by the specific nature of your session. Contact me to get your fee quote.
preparing for your session
What do we need to do to prepare for our session?
Not much really! Prior to finalizing your session location, date, and time I'll send you a contract (including model release) and client questionnaire. Based on this feedback we'll determine the best location/s and time for your session.
What if my kids are having a hard time?
I absolutely LOVE working with children (you can see how much fun they have at their sessions HERE) and enjoy our time together during your photo session. If you ever start to feel stressed about their behavior before or during the session I encourage you to relax, and just let me do my thing. I very rarely ask any family member to look directly into my camera, and often just let kids do their thing and lead the session. So, please just relax and have fun! You'll thank me later, I'm sure!
I have no idea what we should wear to our photo session?
When taking family photographs I feel that it's really important for everyone to feel comfortable. You have everything that you need already in your wardrobe! Dress comfortably and in your usual style, but please keep the following tips in mind (more details are provided to clients after booking.):
- Please avoid clothing with words, logos, and graphics. Also, please avoid white sneakers as these will pull the viewers eyes away from the subject's (your beautiful familys') faces & to the clothes or shoes. Bare feet when indoors is best.
- For infants & toddlers please stay away from tight socks before the shoot as they may leave visible indentations in the skin; It's nice to try for some feet detail shots with babies and toddlers.
- Please avoid dressing in strongly contrasting colors such as black and white (for example black pants and a solid white shirt) as they often do not photograph well together due to the high contrast.
- Thinking in coordinating colors or brightness is a great idea. Like different blues, or choosing two colors to mix throughout the families clothes, or all in neutrals, or all in primary bold colors, or all in pastels. Also, please avoid having everyone in the exact same shade. For example, if everyone is wearing the same blue colored solid shirt, we can't tell where mom stops and baby begins.
- Patterns also look nice in photos such as stripes but you don't want to over-do them. Smaller patterns photograph better than large ones.
- Choose Mom's outfit first, and then coordinate everyone else accordingly. This will help Mom to feel confident and the best in her chosen outfit.
- Layers and texture add great interest to images. Think jean jackets, scarves, and necklaces (weather permitting of course).
What if the weather is TERRIBLE?
In the unfortunate event of poor weather we will work together to change the session location or reschedule for another date.
I will add that the idea of a shoot in light rain is dreamy. The colors outside are always beautiful and umbrellas are a great touch. Of course, I'm unable to shoot in a downpour, or unhealthy air pollution.
What if we're sick prior to our session?
If any member of your family is sick leading up to the session date, please just reach out and we'll make the best plan to ensure that everyone is healthy and at their best for your family photos.
Can I bring our dog to the session?
- YES! As you an see on my blog, families and couples often bring their family pets to their session. I love to incorporate this important member of your family into your photos. (I do recommend having a helper along who is not in the photos to help with the pup when possible.)
Can we photograph our pets in our home?
If we are shooting an in-home lifestyle session for your family, incorporating your pets is always a bonus, and purely dependent on their cooperation. Some pets are into it, and others get shy, so we would take our time to see if we can include them as much as you with in your photos.
** additional information will be provided to clients before their session**
I would love to be in touch with you to discuss planning a unique photography session for you and your family.
We will have tons of fun exploring your neighborhood or relaxing at home, all while creating joyful memories and amazing photos.
Please CONTACT ME to discuss session ideas, to receive your custom quote, and to book your session date.